Brow lifts, also known as a forehead lift, improve the appearance of the upper eyelids and brow line. This procedure is commonly used in conjunction with an eyelid lift and/or BOTOX® Cosmetic injections.
Benefits of a Brow Lift:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
You may be a candidate for brow lift surgery if you:
- Have deep horizontal lines across the forehead or sagging brows
- Are physically healthy
- Have a positive outlook and realistic goals
For this procedure, incisions are placed in the hairline at the temples towards the sides of the face. Each surgery is individualized to meet the goals and needs of the patient.
To correct sagging of the outer brow line, Dr. Doolabh may recommend a lateral brow lift, also known as a temporal brow lift. It can produce an exotic look to the outer arch of the brow while reducing wrinkles in the outer forehead and upper eyelid sagging not relieved by a traditional eyelid lift. Unlike a traditional brow lift, a lateral brow lift will not raise the middle of your brow but will help alleviate the creasing at the outer corners of your eyes.
During your brow lift recovery, your forehead may be taped and/or your head may be loosely wrapped to minimize swelling and bruising after the procedure is completed. You should keep your head elevated and perform no vigorous physical activity according to Dr. Doolabh’s instructions.
You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for the surgical site and drains
- Medications to apply or take orally
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with Dr. Doolabh